73: West Marches
In this episode, we discuss West Marches, a style of sandbox play which is designed for a large group of players. It also ties in nicely with the new campaign we’re about to start running for our higher-tier Patreon supporters – a West Marches game with a big pool of players and revolving GMs (Matt & Liam). So without further ado, here’s our thoughts about West Marches, including how we’d tweak it.
Show music is Berserkir by Danheim.
- Ars Ludi West Marches post: http://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/
- Matt Colville’s video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAC-gBoX9k
- Imgur abstract hexmap: https://imgur.com/a/SVjv5
- Invision (online whiteboard): https://www.invisionapp.com/
- Google Sheets WIP campaign workbook: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1swJqRWlcg0gzJfrDifjHMzvhBr_Y45QdVXq0YDyclkQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Reddit – tweaking the WM map: https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/63f5eb/the_playermap_in_a_west_marches_campaign/
Mud & Blood Patreon
If you like our show and would like to support us or get access to some exclusive content, we’re on Patreon – take a look at mbcast.co/patreon
If you can’t support us on Patreon but still want to help us out, how about using our affiliate link when buying RPGs on DriveThruRPG? It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and we get a small percentage of the sale, which enables us to buy books for future reviews. Every little helps! Here’s the link:
Get in Touch!
Head over to our website, where you can find all our social media links: mbcast.co.
Our show’s RSS feed is https://9littlebees.com/feed/mudandblood/
You can also subscribe to our occasional newsletter by clicking on the image below.