86: Bringing the Environment to Life
In Episode 86, Matt interviews Liam about how to bring environments to life. Here are some notes:
- Urgency: Don’t give too much detail when the PCs are in a hurry
- Just Enough: don’t aim to cover everything
- Leave Gaps: so the players can interact with the environment
- Pace Yourself: describe the important / evocative things and then back off – build on it as the players interact.
- Senses: Lead with and focus on the non-visual senses (esp smell & touch).
- What purpose is this scene filling?
- What mood am I trying to evoke?
- What am I trying to establish or achieve?
- Is this interesting?
- What’s unique about this scene?
Show music is Berserkir by Danheim.
Mud & Blood Patreon
If you like our show and would like to support us or get access to some exclusive content, we’re on Patreon – take a look at mbcast.co/patreon
Get in Touch!
Head over to our website, where you can find all our social media links: mbcast.co.
Our show’s RSS feed is https://9littlebees.com/feed/mudandblood/
You can also subscribe to our occasional newsletter by clicking on the image below.
You must be logged in to post a comment.